Family Tree Maker 2011 UK Upgrade Edition
Family Tree Maker 2011 introduces more than 100 enhancements including:
- New Narrative Tool
Ready to start an ancestor's story? The Smart Story Editor makes it easy by letting you drag-and-drop text and photos from your tree into a Smart Stories page. Stories update automatically when you change facts in your tree.
- Fan Charts
Choose between five different shapes when creating a fan chart.
- Photos & Embellishments
Enhance charts with the backgrounds, borders and embellishments that come with Family Tree Maker, and use photos wherever you like. Font size, type and color can be changed based on fact types.
- Bow Tie Chart
Siblings can be included in the Bow Tie Chart.
- Last Generation Shown Vertically
In descendant and hourglass charts, the last generation in the chart can be displayed vertically.
- Pedigree Chart
The book layout for the pedigree chart has been adjusted to make better use of space.
- Surname Report
The new Surname Report lists the surnames in your tree, including the total number of individuals with that surname, the number of males and females with that surname, etc.
- New Descendant Report
Family Tree Maker now gives you four descendant report options: Register, NGSQ, Henry, and d'Aboville.
- Custom Report
The custom report now has user-selected primary and secondary sorts. In addition, new options allow you to include age at death, number of children, age at first marriage, and more.
- Kinship Report
You can now sort the Kinship Report by relationship (for example, first cousins can be grouped together).
You can create a simple bibliography of source titles or an annotated bibliography that includes summary information, such as repository and reference notes.
- Report Headers & Footers
You can define the headers and footers for a report.
- Save Report Settings
You can save the current report settings and use them as the preferred settings for that report.
- Photo Albums
You can now create an album for a person, relationship, or both.
You can now choose to display death dates in the calendar.
- Enhanced Index of Individuals
The Index now displays people based on name and then birth date.
Now you can edit, delete, and add to the historical events that come with Family Tree Maker. In addition, Family Tree Maker looks at facts entered for an individual and displays the most location-appropriate historical events.
- Place Enhancements
You can now choose a "home" country, and Family Tree Maker will not display this country in fields, charts and reports. Support for townships, parishes, and counties has also been enhanced.
- LDS Information
Family Tree Maker can now display information on initiatories and confirmations. These facts can also be included in charts.
- Automatic Reference Numbers
Family Tree Maker can now assign reference numbers automatically to individuals, relationships, or both.
- Duplicate Person Alert
When you enter new individuals, Family Tree Maker alerts you if it believes you may already have the individual in your tree.
- Locate Missing Files
If you've moved your media items and Family Tree Maker has marked them as "missing," the Find Missing Media tool can locate them all at once.
- Media Metadata Stored in Family Tree Maker
If your images contain metadata, the information will be stored -- and a caption, date, or description, will be automatically entered.
And don't forget the features you've come to rely on:
- Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features.
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree.
- Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations.
- Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird's-eye view of where members of your family come from.
- Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports.
- Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events.
- Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists, and more.
Included in the Upgrade:
- Family Tree Maker 2011 Software
- 1 month FREE1 Essentials Membership to Ancestry.co.uk
- NEW Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker 2011 (Electronic version)
- Family Tree maker Quick Start Guide (Electronic version)
- Family Tree maker Training Tutorials
Minimum system requirements: Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista Processor: 500
MHz Intel Pentium II (or equivalent) Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
Memory: 512 MB of RAM 2X CD-ROM (required for installation) Display: 800 x 600
resolution for monitor
Internet access (required for installation)
Recommended system requirements: Operating system: Windows
7 / Windows XP SP2/Vista Processor: 1GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) Hard
disk space: 500 MB for installation Memory: 1 GB of RAM Display: 1024 x 768
resolution for monitor 32X CD/CD-R (required for installation)
All online features require Internet access (also required for installation)
Price: £ 9.95
To Buy: Call us on 01722 716121
(To view this page with graphics, click here.)
Back to List of Products: Windows Software
Back to S&N Genealogy Supplies (Text-Only Version)
Sunday 19th May 2013 12:09:28 PM