Deluxe genealogy software written by a leading UK software designer for the UK market.
This is a new concept in genealogy programs that allows you to enter your family by drawing a tree. Full support is given for sources, notes, facts and linked multimedia elements. For researchers it provides support for Queries and Reports.
- Instantly create Ancestor, Descendant, Hourglass, Everyone and ‘All Relatives’ trees (unique to Family Historian) – and now Fan Charts
- Creating great-looking family tree websites and family tree CDs & DVDs is easy using Family Historian’s powerful wizards
- Create professional-looking family tree books and booklets
- Interactive diagrams are used for browsing, exploring, and editing – as well as printing. ‘Smart Trees’ make creating charts easy.
- Comes with 31 highly configurable reports and you can create your own custom reports using standard reports as templates.
- Link people to their faces in photos
- 100% compatible with GEDCOM – the standard for shared genealogical data
- Supports queries – a powerful tool for getting more from your data
- Search the Internet with the Internet Search tool
- Trace relationships graphically on charts using the ‘How Related’ tool
- Full file merge/compare allows you to work cooperatively with others and share data
- Automatic source citations make it easy to record sources
- Download free plugins from the Family Historian Plugin Store
- Powerful scripting tools give you the ultimate control over your own data
New features in version 5 include:
- New tool for creating family tree books and booklets
- Much improved website generation and much improved support for family tree CDs & DVDs
- New Fan Chart diagrams
- New 'flat' style All-Relatives diagram (much-requested)
- Improved data entry - especially with regard to date-handling and date validation
- New query for detecting possible errors with dates in existing records
- Enhanced 'How Related' tool shows graphically exactly how people are related
- Improved, more comprehensive backup-and-restore
- Improved import and export, including direct import from other program formats
- Reports have enhanced performance and new features, including an optional index
- Silhouettes can now be used in diagrams where required
- Much improved support for background pictures in diagrams
- Much faster diagram loading
- New reports, including a new 'how-related' report
- New tool for marking lines connecting individuals & branches in diagrams
- New 'shapes' toolbar for diagrams, including 'smart shapes' such as arrows
- Extensive new formatting options for diagrams
- Enhancements to the query capability for searching & analyzing records
- Support for plugins - a new way of extending the power of the program
- Integrated access to a new Plugin Store, with numerous free plugins adding even more features – such as a new mapping tool - and more being added all the time
- Numerous improvements to make the program even easier and more enjoyable to use
- And much more...